Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pre-Workout Shake

Ok, I know, for a guy who touts evolutionary tradition this one is going to be off the mark. I just created what I think might be the best pre-workout shake ever. And, it was all made possible with one of man's greatest inventions - the Magic Bullet (I freaking love that thing!)  So here goes (I guess you don't have to use a magic bullet, but I love mine): 

Ingredients:
1 Banana (Potassium)
A handful of ice (H2O is good for you in any form!)
A half a handful or about 3/4 cup fresh blueberries (frozen blueberries also work really well and allow you to use less ice) (high in free radicals and anti-oxidants)
1/2 - 1 full scoop of protein powder (of your choosing, I like vanilla)
(if you don't like using protein powder throw in a handful of almonds) (for building muscle)
and a 1/2 to 1 full cup of coffee (I used what was left in my drip brewer from the morning) (caffeine actually can help to speed up your metabolism and give you a little pre-workout boost)

Instructions:
Throw it all into a blender (or a Magic Bullet) and blend. 

It makes about one low-calorie high nutrition serving. Enjoy! LOL 

2 comments:

gilesdm said...

Oh my god, that's awesome!

±L said...

It looks yummy. I'll give it a whirl. (Or a blend)